Knocking of the Old Hospital of Assumption Thurles 2004
Knocking of the Old Workhouse or County Home Thurles 2004. The original workhouse was built in 1841-42 on the introduction of the poor law . The design was by the poor law commissioner’s architect George Wilkinson and could accommodate 700 inmates. It cost £5,840 to build and £1,260 to fit out. In the 20th Century it became the County Home or Hospital of the Assumption and was demolished in 2004 to make way for a new hospital on the site.
Filmed by Oliver Delaney and kindly donated to Tipperary Studies by the Delaney Family