The Military Cross medal awarded to Fr Edmond Kelly, native of New Inn, Cashel is on display in Tipperary Studies, the Source Library, Thurles.
We also have a display of articles and photos on Fr. Kelly’s life
Fr. Kelly, volunteered for service as army chaplain during WW1 He was awarded the Military Cross for ‘ conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty ‘ on 16 August 1917, East of Ypres.
He continued as army chaplain until 1920 before returned to pastoral duties. He became PP in Killenaule in 1937 and was buried there in 1955.