The Irish Tourist Association reports 1944
The Irish Tourist Association reports for Tipperary done in the 1940’s are an excellent source of information on the antiquities and historic associations of many Tipperary town’s and villages. These reports have been digitised and are available on our digital archives site http://www.tippstudiesdigital.ie/ under collections.
They provide a wealth of material on an area including ownership and access at the time to various houses and sites. For instance the Terryglass report contains this entry for a little know castle site, Poor Tadg’s Castle and gives a little background information on the castle as well as access details which may no longer be relevant.