skip to Main Content

Tipperary Studies,
The Source,
Cathedral Street ,
Thurles,
Co. Tipperary.
Phone 0761-06-6123
Email: studies@tipperarycoco.ie

2020
The Poor Law Union system in Ireland was set up in in 1838 and workhouse building began 1839. Each union...
The national school system continued after Independence but with some changes. Irish was added to the curriculum, another change was...
While a meeting in Knockgraffon in 1701 mentions getting an English schoolmaster to teach the societies children, the first recorded...
Free primary education supported by government grants was introduced in Ireland in 1831. The grant covered most of the cost...
In 1695 under the penal laws a ban on all education not through the established (Anglican) church was imposed in...
Silver Spring House in Clonmel has an interesting history. Originally built at a cost of £907, it opened in 1748...
The Clonmel Grammar School grew from a Jesuit school set up after the dissolution of the monasteries. This school was...
Founded in 1657 by Cromwellian merchant Erasmus Smith on the site of an Augustinian abbey, the present school building dating...
Back To Top
×Close search
Search